Thursday, March 19, 2009





March 17th Happy St. Patrick's Day - Second Chemo










First I want to say thank you to Beth Burris's mom and her church for the beautiful prayer shawl I am wearing. What an incredible ministry they have. This round of chemo seems to be going so much better. I feel GREAT. When I saw the doctor on Tuesday before chemo he asked me "is that all your hair?" I said "yes, it's not thinning at all"and I said "no". I asked him if that meant I might not lose my hair and he said "oh no, you're going to lose it, I'm just surprised you still have some". I guess that goes to show that even my hair is stubborn. I felt pretty good about having my hair at that point as we were planning a head shaving party on Sunday afternoon. But guess what, Wednesday morning I hopped in the shower and was washing my hair and it started coming out by the hand fulls. I jumped out of the shower and announced that the hair shaving party has just been moved to tonight. I pasted my hair in place with a lot of mousse and skipped the blow dryer (whats left I don't really want to carpet my bathroom walls and floor with). I have to say shaving my head was more fun than I thought possible, with lots of great friends and family surrounding me we had a great evening. As you can see by the pictures the boys and I had a lot of fun. God has been so good to me and I have been so blessed to have each and everyone of you in my life. I can't thank you enough for all your prayers, cards and words of comfort. I thank God every night for all of you.














1 comment:

  1. Cindy, Only you can take something like losing your hair and make it into a great adventure story! I love your spirit and I can believe that stubborn and determined go well beyond hair! You are an inspiration and I love you. Good days and bad days may come, but you are strong and we are praying for you every day and we miss you so very much and can't wait until you are back with us!

    ReplyDelete